Author Topic: Can't start the program after installing  (Read 5713 times)

4denise

Can't start the program after installing
« on: September 12, 2014, 04:40:33 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I am very interested in purchasing PDF Explorer, but when I installed the trial version on my computer, I could not open it. I got the error message, "Error creating Database" and then Windows told me the program had crashed. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled it, but the same thing happened again.

I would love to try this program out and possibly buy it, but I need help figuring out how to get it to run on my computer.

Thanks.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Can't start the program after installing
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 07:24:42 AM »
Probably you are in the situation where your Windows user account is a standard user, not administrator.
If that's the case, and to make it work in your standard user account, try this:
  • In the windows explorer address bar type C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\, replacing <username> by your administrator account username, and hit enter to open that folder.
  • Now select and copy the "PDF Explorer" folder you will find at that folder.
  • In the windows explorer address bar type now %appdata%, and hit enter. Paste the copied folder to this newly opened folder.
You should now be able to start PDFE normally from your standard user account.
If the problem persists, right click the program shortcut and select the option "Run as Administrator".

The next version will have this problem fixed.

4denise

Re: Can't start the program after installing
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 07:33:00 AM »
Thank you very much. That worked.