Author Topic: Must apply InfoEdit twice  (Read 2708 times)

ekopta

Must apply InfoEdit twice
« on: January 23, 2021, 04:40:49 PM »
I've had an issue with the InfoEdit tab in the document properties window since before the latest update. I must hit "Apply" twice for the change to take, reselecting the checkbox for the second time. When doing many files, a progress bar will appear in that window, but the files remain unchanged. After a second Apply, another windows dialog will appear briefly with the progress bar, and then the files will change.

ekopta

Re: Must apply InfoEdit twice
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 05:31:37 PM »
A further wrinkle: I was having this trouble when using the expression builder, but I've just now entered the expression directly into the InfoEdit window, and it worked on the first pass.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Must apply InfoEdit twice
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 05:11:09 PM »
I've found the issue and I have it fixed now. Should be OK in the next release.
When using the expression builder, make sure you manually cycle the checkbox that enables the metadata property field. When the expression builder closes, the checkbox, if not already checked, is set checked from code, but fails to set an internal flag needed to include the property when editing the metadata.

The problem is only present in the 64-bit extension. Works fine from a 32-bit application file dialog, e.g. from the PDF-ShellTools Reader open file dialog.

Thanks for reporting.