Author Topic: File MetaData not populating in ScanGrid or infoEdit Window  (Read 1270 times)

puckman

I batch process using JavaScript within Acrobat to parse document text into my own metadata structure.  I trigger PDFE to rescan the target folder and the metadata is displayed in ScanGrid and the infoEdit window.

Recently, this behaviour has changed.  After batch-processing, PDFE does not display the metadata in either window after a rescan. Inspecting each processed document through CTRL-D, I can see the added metadata in each document property field.  I can only make the metadata appear PDFE if I use Acrobat to manually reopen and re-save the document which triggers to PDFE a file is 'dirtied' and the rescan icon appears.  This is tedious for hundreds of files and I have thousands of remaining documents to process.

I cannot recall any changes I made to PDFE settings.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: File MetaData not populating in ScanGrid or infoEdit Window
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 04:07:36 PM »
Is the file modified date attribute changed with the JavaScript batch process? PDFE will only rescan it if this attribute changes, or the file is new in the directory. If indeed it changes, please share (attach to a reply), a PDF that fails to get rescanned, but scans OK when manually re-saved with Acrobat.