Author Topic: Batch printing not working  (Read 4341 times)

Julian Bader

Batch printing not working
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »
Hi,
i had a look at the PDF Explorer and quite like it.
My use-case ist, that I#m searching a way to easily print all 1 paged documents first, then all 2 paged and so on.
However, when i want to start the batch print it's not working, as it always says "preparing..."
The shell

Any experience on that? I'd really like to see it work.

Regards
Julian

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Batch printing not working
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 05:36:04 PM »
The batch print tool relies on external PDF reader tools, e.g. Acrobat for the DDE method, and the default shell PDF reader (if it has a shell print verb configured), and is not working properly with new Acrobat/Windows versions for the DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) server method (I need to investigate why and fix it, if possible).
Next version will include a builtin print solution, making this tool functionality independent of what the user system has available.

But the best approach to your problem may be the use of the merge tool, menu Tools>Merge\RearrangePages, to merge all the documents you wanna print, in the required order, and then print the result PDF from your preferred PDF reader. Do you see any problems with this method?

Julian Bader

Re: Batch printing not working
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »
Hi,

thanks for the reply. Will check this out and also have a look at the next version.

Cheers

Julian