The PDF-ShellTools is a software tool designed to assist users in conveniently working with PDF documents directly from the Windows Shell.
It enables common tasks to be performed on PDF documents without the need to open Acrobat or another PDF desktop application.
The tools also provide the added convenience of performing batch operations from the command line using batch scripts and other applications. To enable this, a helpful command line interface and DLL functions exports are also provided.
The current version includes the following Shell extensions:
- InfoTip - Show file metadata information in Shell Infotip balloons.
- InfoEdit - Property sheet to edit the PDFs metadata information.
- Context Menu Tools - A large group of tools invoked from the Windows Shell context menu.
- Insert/Append/Attach on drop - A drop handler Shell extension to start some of the tools from Shell on drop events.
- Column and Property Handlers - To show PDFs metadata from Windows Explorer details view mode columns.
- Preview Handler Tools - View, edit and capture metadata, directly from the Windows Explorer preview pane. Easily fill the metadata properties, extracting text or OCRing page snapshots of the text to extract.