Author Topic: How to get a discription in the subject field of a att  (Read 1188 times)

pjotrki

How to get a discription in the subject field of a att
« on: May 26, 2023, 10:36:52 AM »
Hello,

i have a question.

With PDF-ShellTool i can easely attach files to an PDF-file. This works very well, thank You !
When I look at the dialog I see a second column with the "subject"header (="Omschrijving" in Dutch). See screenschot.
This column is also availeble when I open the PDF in the acrobar reader, see second screen-shot.
How do I edit this subject field?
Appartently there is also a "relations"-column visible in the Acrobat-reader. Is this also a value/field that can be edited?

Thank You very much,

Peter Van der Velden
Belgium

RTT

• Administrator
Re: How to get a discription in the subject field of a att
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 06:54:09 PM »
To edit the fields of the attachments description column, click the field with the mouse cursor and then press the F2 keyboard key. Using the same method you can also change the filenames.

Regarding the "relationship" named column in the attachments panel of the Acrobat Reader. I have no idea for what this column is used. If you find any PDF with attachments that shows any content in this column, let me know.

pjotrki

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 07:11:47 AM »
Hello RTT,

Thank you for your quick reply and help !
I love your great product.
I bought PDF-ShellTools yesterday after trying it for 30 days and it is worth every penny.
I tested your solution with F2 to edit the description in the attachment dialog and it works perfect.

Maybe a idea for a future release to add a kind of double click action to edit these fields in this dialog.
In your other dialogs the double click works, hence my confussion.
Maybe also add this functionality to the "Dutch" help-file. I didn't check the other help files.

I will keep my eyes open for a pdf with a meaningfull attachment-"relation"-field .....

Last question, is it also possible to add this "description" using the commandline interface ?

Thank You very much and have a nice day !

Peter Van der Velden
Belgium

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 04:06:06 PM »
Maybe a idea for a future release to add a kind of double click action to edit these fields in this dialog.
Currently the double-click opens the clicked attachment in the external assigned application.
The F2 key is Windows standard to enter field edit mode, but you are right that it should be mentioned in the user's guide, especially the need to click previously the column to edit, in order to select the filename or description fields.
Maybe a "edit" item, in the field right click menu, is also a good idea.

Last question, is it also possible to add this "description" using the commandline interface ?
No, but shouldn't be too difficult to add to the Attach command. Now in the todo list.