Author Topic: Showing if PDF has active bookmarks  (Read 5715 times)

dkorman

Showing if PDF has active bookmarks
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:32:26 AM »
Hello,
I would like to separate processing of PDFs that have bookmarks differently than those which do not.  Can the Explorer Window show if bookmarks are present?  Is there another way to determine the existence of bookmarks?
Thank you.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Showing if PDF has active bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 05:18:48 PM »
Right now there is no way to accomplish this with PDF Explorer by itself, but I may add it to the My Scripts API in a next release. It would then be possible to batch script process each of the PDFs you wanna check, and put a flag in a custom metadata field that you may then use, from the grid, to select the files by that "has bookmarks" property. Or the script may actually automatically execute the operation you need to do on these files with/without bookmarks.

If you have Adobe Acrobat professional, you may already create a PDF Explorer My Script to accomplish this functionality. If that's the case, let me know if you need help with the script.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Showing if PDF has active bookmarks
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:09:43 AM »
With the release of the 1.5.0.66 version it is now possible to accomplish this, e.g. by using the Edit Info Fields batch tool as explained in the second part of my reply in this forum post for a different problem. Instead of creating a script there is only the need to type [HasBookmarks], to refer the ready available function included in this new PDFE version, in the field that is going to hold the flag that signals the existence, or not, of bookmarks.

More advanced processes can be accomplished, with a custom script and the utilization of the new bookmarks functionality.