Author Topic: Software  (Read 6939 times)

Rubens

Software
« on: April 25, 2014, 05:40:48 AM »
Hello friends of the forum,

I just would like to know what is the purpose of the software, for example:
  Why was it created
  their duties
  Why you would choose to use their software,
  What are the advantages,
  Why a company would use its software

Sorry anything, because I'm Brazilian and do not know English so I had to use a translator.

grateful

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Software
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 11:57:46 PM »
Your questions seem to be items of a comparative. What other similar software's have you in the list?
The functional questions you can discover by yourself, testing the software, reading the functionality description and user's guide. The trial version is fully functional.

Rubens

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »
It is not a comparative, is because I need the data because I am in a search for college so I would like to know these dadados I ordered up so I can use in my research because I need to put in the research the source from which I took a grounding, and I would like to use the software of you as a reference, if possible can you help me on this? I have tested the software now like to know only the questions I asked you.

Thank you.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 01:24:18 AM »
OK them, here you go:
Why was it created
This projected started to solve a personal problem. Manage a huge collection of datasheets, mainly of electronic components, stored in, at the time, various CD-Roms. If it was useful for me it probably could be useful to others too, so I decided to start the public distribution. Based on all the feedback, other users needs and suggestions, it was been evolving to what it is today.
their duties
The principal functionality is the easy indexation (just browse manually, as with Windows Explorer, the folder(s) you want to index) of the PDFs metadata in a database. The use of a database enables the subsequent easy and fast location of the relevant PDFs by searching or browsing the indexed folder structure, even if the files are not accessible at the time. If the PDFs metadata is not filled with meaningful data the user can always use the built-in metadata editor, and metadata extraction assistants, to fill them. The edited metadata is stored in the DB and in the PDF file itself, so, even if the file gets moved, the metadata goes with it. This was the initial goal, but it then evolved to what it is now. A full featured PDF files management application.
What are the advantages
By itself, it solves many of the PDF file management needs, in a Swiss army knife style. For advantages in particular, you need to compare it to similar tools.
Why you would choose to use their software,
Why a company would use its software
As with anything else, if it solves a problem(s) in any workflow that involves PDF files. And if any functionality is missing, I'm here to develop it (if I find it relevant) ;)
Other users may give you their reasons, but this is mainly a support forum, where users ask and I respond, so don't expect too much.