Author Topic: How to use PDF Explorer to automatically change PDF Title based on Filenames  (Read 5835 times)

raider

Hi,

I just downloaded a trial version of pdf explorer and have been trying this out for the last 2 hours or so....but I just cannot figure out how to automatically rename a bunch of pdf files' title metadata using their filenames.

This is my scenario: say I have the following files
File no. 1 - Filename = "IEEE paper on Electrical Theory"; Metadata's title fileld = "" (i.e. empty)
File no. 2 - Filename = "IEE electrical guide"; Metadata's title field = "IEE1"

I want to rename File no. 1's metadata's title field to "IEEE paper on Electrical Theory" and File no. 2's title field to "IEE electrical guide" and I have a few thousands of these scientific papers on my hard drive.

Can PDF Explorer do this? If so, please englighten me.

Note: I know how to do the reverse, i.e. rename pdf's filenames using their metadata title field but not the other way around.

Many thanks
raider

RTT

• Administrator
To achieve that you need to use the Edit Info Fields batch tool.
For that specific operation, you just need to enable the Title field, checking its at right checkbox, and type [F] on it.

raider

Thanks for the tip!! It works great!! Is this a documented feature (if so I can't find this in the help file)?

RTT

• Administrator
Is this a documented feature (if so I can't find this in the help file)?
I suppose you missed my above reply link to the online help page (that is equal to your PDF Explorer locally installed help file) related to this batch tool in particular! :)