Author Topic: after update to 1.5 web interface problem  (Read 13280 times)

Torschmied

after update to 1.5 web interface problem
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »
Hello

after the update to the new version I cant loog in over the web interface

RTT

• Administrator
Re: after update to 1.5 web interface problem
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:27:47 AM »
If I remember correctly, you are using customized web interface HTML templates. This new version introduce some changes to these templates, and one think that changed is the way the login password is sent to server (API Login function), so you will have to revert to this new version templates, and eventually add your customization to them.
Check out also the new API based web interface client example. The new API enables the complete customization of the web interface client.

Torschmied

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
Hello

Yes you are right I use a cosomised version but I have changed only a logo.

when I now greate a new user I cant also not log in ?

Torschmied

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »
Hello

OK Ihave installed the new Web interface after this I see that the Start side has changed and I connect to the old side. becouse we have forward the PDF Explorer adress to ouer domain adresse.
now wehn I log in to the internal adress its OK we must change the forwarding adress.

thanks for Help

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
Hello

Yes you are right I use a cosomised version but I have changed only a logo.

when I now greate a new user I cant also not log in ?
No. You must replace the HTML's you customized with the new ones at the "C:\Program Files\PDF Explorer\WebServ" directory. The new login mechanism process the password differently at client, and server, side.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »
Hello

OK Ihave installed the new Web interface after this I see that the Start side has changed and I connect to the old side. becouse we have forward the PDF Explorer adress to ouer domain adresse.
now wehn I log in to the internal adress its OK we must change the forwarding adress.

thanks for Help
What you installed is just a client sample to demonstrate the use of the new web interface API. The default html templates based client is still available at the "http://<domain>/pdfews" virtual directory.
Because this API based client uses other developers copyrighted libraries (check the readme.txt file included on the client installer .zip archive you downloaded), you must check these libraries licenses before use it in a commercial environment.

Torschmied

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 02:23:53 PM »
OK thank you

I have change the login.html to the original on from the update and connect me to http://<domain>/pdfews
I get the Login window but I cant log me in every time i get wrong User ore Password wrong

with the new web interface API its work

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »
The new password handling mechanism uses a server provided challenge word, that with the typed password is md5 hashed, and it is this hash what is sent to server as password.
But the challenge word is only valid for 5 minutes after generated. Because of this, the page as a "<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">" to force browser to refresh the page every five minutes, for users that eventually left the page open for more than that before login. This usually work, but, if the page is retrieved from the browser cache, will fail because it will retrieve the old challenge word too. Can you please check to see if this is what is happening in your case. If eventually this is the problem, I can try to add a javascript refresh function that, on new browsers, can force browser to request the new page from the server, and not from the cache.

Torschmied

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »
Hello  I have cleared all the Browser Cache but it the same also I take my PC at home but with out sucsess

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »
OK, I've found the problem. Only happens when guests account is disabled (I suppose I never tested this situation :-[ ) and it involves the "md5-min.js" file not being delivered by server, because no user is logged on yet. I'm going to fix it, but before the fix goes out you can use the next workaround.
Copy the "md5-min.js" file, that you can find at the same WebServ folder where the html templates are, to the "images" sub-folder.
Now edit the "login.html" and change
<script type="text/javascript" src="md5-min.js"></script>
to
<script type="text/javascript" src="images/md5-min.js"></script>

Should work now.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 10:25:31 PM »
A quick fix is now online, so you have no need to use the above workaround anymore. Get it from the automatic updates functionality (menu Help>CheckForUpdates>CheckNow).

Torschmied

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 07:13:12 AM »
Hello

yes you are right I have disabelt the Gast user.

I fixed it with the work around becouse the server cant get the update its blocked from my Administrator

the work around is working

thanks for the quick fixing