PDF Explorer > General

Acrobat 8 Mail Metatags

(1/3) > >>

Anonymous:
I've archived my old emails using Acrobat 8. When doing so, Acrobat 8 created the following metafile tags for the files:
 pdfx:MailFrom:
 pdfx:MailSubject:
 pdfx:MailDate:
 pdfx:MailFolder:
 pdfx:MailTo:
 pdfx:MailCc:

I'm interested in using PDF Explorer to catalog and export the tags for each of these files using these metatags. Is it possible to do this? I tried with the trial version and had no luck. These fields were not defined and I couldn't figure out how to do this. (It seems that your option to custom define fields is for new tags but doesn't cover these mail tags).

If your software could do this, it would be great and save me a lot of time.

Would appreciate your feedback on this as soon as possible (as I will manually catalog this information if there is no automated way to do so--which would be a pity as there must be a better solution given the information is already defined in the pre-existing metatags...).

Thank you,
Daniel

RTT:
If these metatags are also present in the InfoDictionary object you just need to index the fields names to a custom field, using the custom fields settings editor.

As example:
Custom1 : MailFrom
Custom2 : MailSubject
Custom3 : MailDate

Next, you need to force PDFE to rescan the files so it can use the new settings while gathering the metadata. If the files are already indexed from a previous scan you first need to delete the folder where these files are from the PDFE database using the Database>Edit tool.

Next, scan the files using the DiskTree scan mode.

To show these custom fields in the Grid you need also to create a new grid layout (Edit>GridLayout>CreateNew) that include the used custom fields.

If you continue without luck send me one of these files, attached to an email message, so I can tell, for sure, if it's possible or not.

Anonymous:
Followed your instructions and, viola, it worked!

(I had to be careful to exactly match the case--Made a typo the first tiime through with "MailCC" instead of "MailCc" but upon fixing that typo, no problems).

As Acrobat is being used for mail archiving, you may want to more blatantly advertise/support this feature. In support of this, I'd be happy to archive an email using Acrobat 8 and email it to you...

Will purchase today. Thank you!

Anonymous:
Is there a way to automatically assign sequential numbers to all the documents using your software or alternatively to track the Bates numbers that can be assigned by Acrobat 8?

RTT:

--- Quote from: "daniel" ---Followed your instructions and, viola, it worked!

(I had to be careful to exactly match the case--Made a typo the first tiime through with "MailCC" instead of "MailCc" but upon fixing that typo, no problems).

--- End quote ---

Yes, these meta-tag names are unique, and capitalization counts.

--- Quote from: "daniel" ---Will purchase today. Thank you!
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I already received the purchase order and the license email has already sent to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version