Author Topic: Can include CHM  (Read 7139 times)

Anonymous

Can include CHM
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »
1.-Really I think si a great idea to include CHM files in the formats PDF Explorer can read, I have some valuable info in CHM and doint want convert all my CHM files to PDF, what you think.

2.-The renames functionality from PDF Shell must be a great addition to PDF explorer (best if include folder organizer, like mp3, rename example MyEbooks\Autor\ISBN-Title)

Best regards

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Can include CHM
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
Quote from: "jorgeat"
1.-Really I think si a great idea to include CHM files in the formats PDF Explorer can read, I have some valuable info in CHM and doint want convert all my CHM files to PDF, what you think.

I understand the need but PDFE is now to much specific to add more document formats and I do not intend to do it. Probably in a near future I can develop another document management application, with the PDFE philosophy, without the pdf specificities of PDFE, to include many more document formats.

Quote from: "jorgeat"
2.-The renames functionality from PDF Shell must be a great addition to PDF explorer (best if include folder organizer, like mp3, rename example MyEbooks\Autor\ISBN-Title)

The reamer tool is already present in the PDFE, check under the Batch tools("Batch Rename"). The folder organizer option is not under the philosophy of PDFE but can be a good enhancement to ShellTools ;)

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 01:32:00 AM »
Done, CHM files management now implemented and will go out in next build 58 release.
Share almost all the management functionalities already available for PDFs, with metadata edit, integrated chm viewer, image and text extractor, etc..
CHMs don't have a standard metadata object but I managed to add it to the format. Is not standard, but works just fine. ;)