Author Topic: How to remove Tag "PDEMARK"?  (Read 6174 times)

Pete78

How to remove Tag "PDEMARK"?
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »
Hello,

it seems, that whenever you save your Meta information a Tag called "PDEMARK - RTT2K" is written into the PDF File. (It appears when you open the document informations in Acrobat ...).

I only want my own tags in my own PDF-Files, no other person/organisation should eternalize himself in my PDF-Files. So I have to remove the Tags, but I couldn't find a way to do this manually. It means a lot work, to open hundreds of PDF-Files remove the tag, save and go on ... Do you have a tip, how to remove the PDEMARK-Tag within the batch prozess or avoid to be written in?

Another Question: The keyword are written in to the PDF the following way: "keyword1, keyword 2, ..." Is this standard? (important for future PDF search engines) Or shouldn't the keywords written into without quotation marks?

Thanks!

RTT

• Administrator
Re: How to remove Tag "PDEMARK"?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
Quote from: "Pete78"
Hello,

it seems, that whenever you save your Meta information a Tag called "PDEMARK - RTT2K" is written into the PDF File. (It appears when you open the document informations in Acrobat ...).

I only want my own tags in my own PDF-Files, no other person/organisation should eternalize himself in my PDF-Files. So I have to remove the Tags, but I couldn't find a way to do this manually. It means a lot work, to open hundreds of PDF-Files remove the tag, save and go on ... Do you have a tip, how to remove the PDEMARK-Tag within the batch prozess or avoid to be written in?

The PDEMark is for internal PDF Explorer use but I agree with you that I have to find a better way, and get ride of that Tag. Currently we have to live with it :(

Another Question: The keyword are written in to the PDF the following way: "keyword1, keyword 2, ..." Is this standard? (important for future PDF search engines) Or shouldn't the keywords written into without quotation marks?

Physically, these quotation marks are not there, Acrobat shows them this way to note that these fields are from the Info dictionary object and not from the XMP object, two different PDF objects where metadata is saved.

Pete78

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the quick answer. Anyhow a very helpful tool.