Author Topic: Silent Command Line Install of PDFShellTools  (Read 5270 times)

deva1003

Silent Command Line Install of PDFShellTools
« on: June 26, 2018, 10:13:16 AM »
Hi Guys, as per the subject line I need to install this application on multiple Win10 machines silently. I have the Installation Password and Activation Code for the entire organisation. Can you let me know how to get this installed on all user machines with a command line, so that no user have to input the values separately.

Also, it would be great to know how to disable the language or application updates, thanks!

-Dev

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Silent Command Line Install of PDFShellTools
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:35:31 PM »
You need to create a batch file or script that:
1 - Creates the installation folder, usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF-ShellTools"
2 - Copy the lkey.dat file to that folder.
3 - Run the setup file, specifying the parameters /SILENT /PASSWORD=password, and /DIR="x:\dirname" if not installing to the default directory.

Refer to this setup command line parameters info page for additional parameters and description.
You will find the lkey.dat file at the program installation folder of a normally installed and activated copy.

Regarding the disable of updates. The best way is to add a firewall rule to block the manager.exe from accessing the internet.

deva1003

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »
Hey, thanks for the list of supporting arguments. But I'm still not able to find how to use the activation code there and how can I disable checking for updates?

-Dev

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »
Both these questions also answered in my previous reply. Steps 1 and 2 to deal with the license activation, and block Internet access, at the firewall level, to restrict users from updating.

deva1003

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 11:31:48 AM »
Oh yes, I could suppress license prompt now, thanks for that! BTW is not there other way (from application configuration end) to suppress the update prompt rather than blocking it from firewall?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 04:08:13 PM »
You may add this value to the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PDFShellTools\Options\FeaturesState]
"CheckForUpdates"=dword:00000000

The user can manually check for the existence of updates but gets a no permission error message, when trying to install them.

deva1003

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »
Thanks for your help team!  :)