Author Topic: Enumerated display type for custom fields  (Read 5212 times)

Rob L

Enumerated display type for custom fields
« on: March 25, 2018, 05:45:47 PM »
In PDF Explorer, I can't find a way to use an enumerated display type for a custom meta field. I've used this in ShellTools, so either I can't locate it or it's not available. Any suggestions? Thanks

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Enumerated display type for custom fields
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 12:27:21 AM »
It's not available. In PDF-ShellTools this functionality is provided by Windows. The manager just configures the property settings to make use of it.

Foxer

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:07:54 PM »
Hi RTT, if I get what you're saying right, the Windows does this work for the PDF Explorer? Is there a guide on how to set this up because I can't figure it out on my own.
I'm looking forward to ExpressVPN and its benefits.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:31:49 AM »
if I get what you're saying right, the Windows does this work for the PDF Explorer?
No. What I tried to say is that the functionality is not available in the PDF Explorer and in the PDF-ShellTools it is implemented, mainly, by the Windows shell, so it's something I can't use in the PDF Explorer, that is independent of the shell.

But with the PDF-ShellTools you can easily make use of enumerated properties, by mapping a custom property to an already system defined enumerated property, e.g. the system.rating one, or you can configure your custom property as enumerated yourself, from the properties advanced editor.