PDF-ShellTools > General

Adding a date column for current date

<< < (3/3)

Alarmguy:
Hello again
Finally got some time for this. Attached is the screenshot of the log. I have also attached a screenshot of the files page.
Thanks - Alarmguy

RTT:
Using the Windows registry editor, open the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\AcroExch.Document.7 and delete the PreviewDetails and FullDetails named values.
Check if the previously missing properties now show in the details pane.

Alarmguy:
Hi
Deleted the values and now I have lost the sent colum that worked - Now what?  I attached a screenshot of the registry.

RTT:
Check again with the process monitor tool from where the pdf PreviewDetails are being read now, as you have done yesterday.
Until the PDF PreviewDetails property list is not read from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.pdf or, in your specific case,  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\RedlinePDFfile, you need to delete all the other sources.

Or, probably better, you may change the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pdf default value from the current RedlinePDFfile to AcroExch.Document, and set again the details pane properties from the manager.

After you added that "Sent" named property, you installed a new PDF reader that configured itself as the default reader, but then you have manually override the default reader back to Acrobat. Because of a bug in the manager, the PreviewDetails list is being saved to the newly installed reader keys, instead of the correct place of your current default PDF reader that is Acrobat.

Alarmguy:
Hello
Now that my brain has stopped smoking  - It worked . I was and always have been very leery of going anywhere near the registry so it was with a great deal of angst I tried your instructions. Long story short it took many tries to get it right. I finally found that I had to right click to find modify and type in the new.
Many thanks for your knowledge and patience. I learned a lot in this.
Alarmguy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version