PDF Explorer > Bug reports

Info field string length limitation

<< < (2/4) > >>

Padanges:

--- Quote ---And why not? But no, the trim will be done internally.
--- End quote ---
Sure we can do that, but it would be nice if you could confirm whether we should update our all CommitChanges procedures in the scripts or not.

--- Quote ---You may use this trick to get the full screen resolution.
--- End quote ---
Thanks. I thought that settings like window size and position get saved in the registry by default.

RTT:

--- Quote from: Padanges on October 14, 2016, 06:56:21 AM ---
--- Quote ---And why not? But no, the trim will be done internally.
--- End quote ---
Sure we can do that, but it would be nice if you could confirm whether we should update our all CommitChanges procedures in the scripts or not.

--- End quote ---
You will need to update your scripts only if you need to know that a specific field got trimmed because it tried to store a too long string. Allowed field length, for custom fields, is now 1000 characters.

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---You may use this trick to get the full screen resolution.
--- End quote ---
Thanks. I thought that settings like window size and position get saved in the registry by default.

--- End quote ---
Sure, but in the registry you have the previous running session values, not the current ones. These settings are obviously saved to the registry when the specific window close, or the program ends for the main window case.

Padanges:

--- Quote ---You will need to update your scripts only if you need to know that a specific field got trimmed because it tried to store a too long string. Allowed field length, for custom fields, is now 1000 characters.
--- End quote ---

This is a sad thing. I've hit the limitation while simulating for possible cross reference, legacy tags etc string overflow. Perhaps you could leave a possibility to have a 65K char limitation (or even more?) as an optional check in Custom Fields Settings while creating (Ading) new Custom Field? I think there's a need to have a possibility to expand string length for specific info fields.

RTT:
The custom fields are implemented in a way that all (100 possible) share a common 65k maximum storage space, so if you put 65k in just one field, there will be no space left for any other. Having a common ground limit is desirable. Even because, storing such amount of data in the fields would affect badly the program's responsiveness.
The standard fields are limited to just 255 bytes and it's sufficient for common scenarios.

Padanges:
After your increased limitation implementation  I will need a new way to store cross-reference ID lists. Maybe you could advise how to implement a "longer string" saving to the db using PDFe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version