PDF Explorer > Bug reports

Info field string length limitation

<< < (3/4) > >>

RTT:
No idea. Depending on the utilization of that list, maybe you could attach it to the PDF?

Padanges:

--- Quote ---Allowed field length, for custom fields, is now 1000 characters.
--- End quote ---
Please consider allowing field length to be at least 4096 characters long. We used to have 65K and it had no visible impact on performance. I think this change is not substantial if still compared with 65K.

RTT:
I have no problems lifting this limit but you can be sure you will experience performance degradation, if you put all this data in a metadata field.

Padanges:

--- Quote ---I have no problems lifting this limit but you can be sure you will experience performance degradation, if you put all this data in a metadata field.
--- End quote ---
Yes, please, then do so. I do understand the possible performance penalties but that's an unlikely situation for most users. I run into additional difficulties while experimenting with PDFe scripts. Currently I'm testing a way to extend Info Field memory by using external files so this is primary just to retain some freedom for experimentation :)
4K should be just fine. 1K is too restrictive, IMHO.

Padanges:
In addition to this, please help to get the numbers straight:
Custom field count limit is 100.
Allowed custom field length is 4096 (previously: 1000) characters.
Every custom field for each entry shares a common 4k (previously: 1k) storage space.

Is that correct? I need to assign values for limit constants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version