Author Topic: Using Custom Scripts with PDF View mode  (Read 13384 times)

Padanges

Re: Using Custom Scripts with PDF View mode
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 08:03:22 PM »
and that's what will be used by default, in the new version, to handle any other file type
You mean the new version of the web interface?
Current PDFe document handling is fine - Sumatra as a internal viewer covers all the most popular file types. To start fully appreciating it we only need to get more file types listed in the grid.
The thumbnail idea for PDFe is a different topic though. We will need to collaborate on this later.

For your scenario it's probably better to, a least, add the file reference to the grid.
But what if I want only to open a temporary document? For example, that which shows the resulting document but, for a better preview, as a handout, or as a report log? Do I really must to include it to the grid just to have it removed (manually?) after checking it? This seems too restricting.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 04:04:57 PM »
and that's what will be used by default, in the new version, to handle any other file type
You mean the new version of the web interface?
Yes.
Current PDFe document handling is fine - Sumatra as a internal viewer covers all the most popular file types. To start fully appreciating it we only need to get more file types listed in the grid.
And I'm going to add support to specify more plugins. It will be able to handle view any file type, as long there is a lister or npapi plugin available.

Do I really must to include it to the grid just to have it removed (manually?) after checking it? This seems too restricting.
I've now set the host OpenFile command to open it even if not in the grid.

Padanges

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »
Great, that's what I needed ;D now the last thing about different pdfe modes: how much can we mess with Images mode? I want to test out an idea where after generating a report document I can open it, let's say, in Images mode. But to see images being extracted each time I open that same file (even if the file has not been modified), or to be forced to wait for it to finish this task is not really serious. Can we save cache for a selected file for Images mode? How can we escape unnecessary loading times?

Padanges

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 09:29:55 PM »
I've now set the host OpenFile command to open it even if not in the grid.
Will there be a possibility to get Opened File Name? If we activate PDF View mode from a PDF View with files selected we get opened the last file active (by the highlight) even if that file is not in current file selection list. After running a custom script with a hotkey we can't know the opened file File name just by taking first (was this "selection down" or "selection up") entry in this situation, we need either to get specifically Opened File Filename or at least the Last Selected (that which is under the current highlight) Filename.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 11:25:18 PM »
Why not make the report in PDF format? You can easily merge the images with the IDocumentMerger object.