PDF Explorer > General

A Hotkey request

<< < (2/2)

RTT:

--- Quote from: Padanges on September 02, 2016, 12:59:15 PM ---Perhaps, it is possible to create a custom db field using a script? Could you share a proper syntax sample (do we need to specify all XMP properties, etc.)? I guess that way it is possible to assign a hotkey to a script and accomplish the column creation.

--- End quote ---
No. Only the functionality described in the scripts API is available.
Adding such possibility is a bit dangerous, if the script behaves wrongly.

--- Quote from: Padanges on September 03, 2016, 11:24:39 AM ---By the way, assigning for example F7 to a "My Scripts" tool shortcut key for a specific script works only if "show icon in the toolbar" is checked :(

--- End quote ---
And/or "show in the tools menu" too. Anyway, I suppose it may be useful, so I've now extended the registration of a hotkey to all the scripts with a keyboard shortcut defined.

--- Quote ---you can set same shortcuts for couple of scripts but it will trigger only the last one which was made visible as an icon! It would be interesting to fire-up couple scripts at once but how would they share one batch i/o log?

--- End quote ---
Not possible. Only one batch tool can run at a time.
But you can always join all these scripts functionality in a master script.

--- Quote ---Why not calling "My Scripts" tool a "Script Tools" (since it actually works like the PDFe Tools, e.g. "Find Duplicates...") - we already have "My Scripts" tag which denotes scripts which are not in "Library" and not "Samples" (in "Scripts Editor") and once you start working with "My Scripts" for "Edit Info Fields" batch tool, it seems that "My Scripts" tool is probably the same thing. IMHO, it takes more time (and confussion) to learn PDFe features when there are duplicate names/tags/titles.

--- End quote ---
Sounds logical. Easy to fix. ;)

Padanges:

--- Quote ---you can set same shortcuts for couple of scripts
--- End quote ---
Some clarification: I was referring to the fact that you can give same hotkeys for different scripts (usually such thing is forbidden) and gave an example that it could mess up with batch i/o log sharing. My English :)

RTT:
There is no risk to have multiple scripts running at the same time, but I suppose a "hotkey already assigned to..." warning message could be handy...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version