Author Topic: ISBN/DOI Catcher and Resolver tool question  (Read 3859 times)

Padanges

ISBN/DOI Catcher and Resolver tool question
« on: August 17, 2016, 11:43:27 AM »
Hi,
when "ISBN/DOI Catcher and Resolver" tool gets an error ("Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site http://***.","Operation Aborted") you can't copy the entries into the memory because it does not display the page. Is there any other way to copy those values from the tool window in such a case?
I am using PDFe version 1.5.66.2 .

Regards.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: ISBN/DOI Catcher and Resolver tool question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 01:05:14 AM »
No. But now I'm going to add a context menu to the list of found ISBNs and DOIs, to enable that possibility. ;)

Padanges

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:04:58 AM »
It would be also very handy to have an option to manually edit the regular expression (which I suppose you use for the string matching) while using the Tool. Some articles may have journal/article ID variations which may escape the initial matching pattern. What do you think about that?
I have some sample articles for DOI/ISBN tests, where the Tool fails to deliver. Would you be interested in checking why it happens so, on your own? I could email those to you.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 12:48:06 AM »
It would be also very handy to have an option to manually edit the regular expression (which I suppose you use for the string matching) while using the Tool. Some articles may have journal/article ID variations which may escape the initial matching pattern. What do you think about that?
It's a good idea. Now in the todo list.
But the usual problem is that the text extractor code does a poor job (due to bugs, difficult to extract text from some PDFs, etc.) and these numbers get mangled and so impossible to find.

I have some sample articles for DOI/ISBN tests, where the Tool fails to deliver. Would you be interested in checking why it happens so, on your own? I could email those to you.
Yes, I can check it. But first verify if the issue is not due to the above mentioned bad text extraction problem. Just open these PDFs on the text only tab of the PDF viewer.