PDF-ShellTools > Ideas/Suggestions

Batch Create Multipage PDFs based on Part of File name.

<< < (3/4) > >>

RTT:
I have no idea for what may be cause. Check under the IE options security tab if you have the protection enabled for the local intranet, and disable it if yes. Check also under the advanced tab if there is any related setting that may be causing this. I'm using the default ones, ensured by a settings reset.

Try putting a pdfe.echo("Merge btn clicked") at the beginning of the Merge_onclick functions, i.e.:

function Merge_onclick() {
    pdfe.echo("Merge btn clicked");
    BrowserRunning = false;
    objIE.Visible = false;
    objIE.Quit();

to see if that message show at the script output console when you click the "merge" button.

Open the IE developer tools and check if any error message appears at the console when these buttons are clicked.

nightslayer23:
yep, still no love.
is such a handy tool when it works.
but no joy.. tried everything above.

nightslayer23:
what about chrome of firefox?
can the code be manipulated to generate he program box in those instead of IE?

RTT:

--- Quote from: nightslayer23 on June 19, 2018, 01:31:19 AM ---yep, still no love.
is such a handy tool when it works.
but no joy.. tried everything above.

--- End quote ---
Sorry, but I don't have any other idea.
If I get some time, I'm going to try to pass all the code execution to the browser, making use of the possibility of using the scripts API from an external host. This way there is no need for these buttons to call back the script, and so fix the issue you are experiencing, if this is indeed the problem.

--- Quote from: nightslayer23 on June 19, 2018, 02:53:28 AM ---what about chrome of firefox?
can the code be manipulated to generate he program box in those instead of IE?

--- End quote ---
No, using this COM automation technique. With a more complex approach, e.g. using Node.js, may be doable.

Bryant Coon:
I'm using a separator but instead of computing the merged file's name to be the portion before the separator I need it to be the same as the name of the alphabetically first matched file. I also need files to be merged in numeric order where 1 would come before 100. I've tinkered with the script some but apparently this is beyond my abilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version