Author Topic: share option in the Web interface  (Read 6690 times)

Torschmied

share option in the Web interface
« on: November 14, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
Hello

I think a share option in the Web Interface can be a nice option to shre files with customers there have no acces to the webinterface to download a file.

I have at the moment a workaround for it
1. I copyed the file in a Visitor folder
2. log off
3. log on as visitor
4. searche the file
5. open it
6. kopie the URL

and send it by mail
after some days I deleat the file  ;)

LG Markus

RTT

• Administrator
Re: share option in the Web interface
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:01:09 AM »
This is something that could be easily added with a server side script (PHP, Perl, etc.). The PDFE web server can host these languages engines, and the script would be responsible to generate a share file URL, served by a script used to check the URL validity and file delivery. The script can be extended with functionality such as number of downloads possible, download expiration date, etc..
If I get some time I will try to code it, and post it here as example.

Anyway, having this functionality readily available from the web interface may be handy, so I've coded a new web interface API function, GetFileShareURL, and integrated it in the advanced (see attached image), and standard HTML, web interface clients. This way a web interface logged on user may grant access to a document with anyone else that usually doesn't has permission to access the file.

The generated URL is connected to the user that is sharing the file. If permissions to access the file change for this user, the same will happen to the shared URL.

Functionality will be available with the next PDFE release.

Torschmied

Re: share option in the Web interface
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 11:51:25 AM »
perfect

thanks
Markus