Author Topic: Interested in using PDF Explorer to name large collections of PDFs by title &c  (Read 6024 times)

rexateps

I have a large and growing number of PDFs I would like to make more manageable to access.  Thinking of a standard naming convention of title - author - year.

For a lot of these, this info exists in the PDF properties.  Just downloaded the trial version.  The title button on the rename option is a good start.  Can this be done for more than one file at a time?

Suggestion for one-at-a-time rename -- when landing on existing filename after selecting rename, highlight the old filename for faster cut and paste, and offer the option of editing the offending filename as a third option to retry and cancel. 

Why are ff and fl so often misread when copying filenames?

RTT

• Administrator
I have a large and growing number of PDFs I would like to make more manageable to access.  Thinking of a standard naming convention of title - author - year.

For a lot of these, this info exists in the PDF properties.  Just downloaded the trial version.  The title button on the rename option is a good start.  Can this be done for more than one file at a time?
Sure. Take a look to the Batch rename tool.

Suggestion for one-at-a-time rename -- when landing on existing filename after selecting rename, highlight the old filename for faster cut and paste
You can cycle that functionality with the Insert key (press it while not editing).

and offer the option of editing the offending filename as a third option to retry and cancel. 
May be useful.

You are referring to what?

rexateps

You are referring to what?
[/quote]

combinations of letters involving f, ff, fl, fi, that frequently show up incorrectly in metadata, not any miscue by PDFExplorer.