PDF-ShellTools > Ideas/Suggestions

DOC into PDF

<< < (2/2)

LukeV:
I can't my script working now either :P
I did have it working last week. Seems my method of getting the file path isn't working now. You also had to set the folder with soffice in it in your PATH.

In any case, your script is a much better approach and makes my attempt seem feeble  :-[

On my PC it opens up with LibreOffice and works, even though I have OpenOffice and LibreOffice installed.
Apparently LibreOffice converts the files with a bit more accuracy.

Is there any way of running OO/LO in headless mode via the script, so it doesn't show up on the toolbar?

RTT:

--- Quote ---Is there any way of running OO/LO in headless mode via the script, so it doesn't show up on the toolbar?

--- End quote ---
That's what the next line is supposed to do.
      Set OpenParam(0) = MakePropertyValue("Hidden", True)  ' Open the file hidden
In here, with OOo, it's working. The conversion is made without you even realize, except for the disk activity, any program has been called. Completely hidden.
Maybe the LO changed something related to this. You have the two installed, so try to use the OOo instead. You probably need to change the path at this registry key

32-bit Windows
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{82154420-0FBF-11d4-8313-005004526AB4}\LocalServer32
      64-bit Windows
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{82154420-0FBF-11d4-8313-005004526AB4}\LocalServer32

to point to where you have the related OOo file installed.

LukeV:
You are correct as normal. OpenOffice is running hidden while LibreOffice doesn't.

gavind:
I agree. I use Openoffice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version