PDF Explorer > Bug reports

Update does not work

<< < (2/2)

RTT:
I want to help, but that's not easy from here to understand what could be your system specific configuration that lead to this problem. If you have access to the proxy logs, maybe you can understand a little more about the error.
Meanwhile, if you really can't set up a direct connection, without using the proxy ( that I suspect could be the problem if the problem is in the PDFE code, and I'm going to investigate further), the updates for the trial versions are public, and available for manual download from the downloads page, and, if you are a registered user, just drop me a line and request the direct download link to the update/patch you want to install. Get the support email address from the program about box, menu Help>About.

RTT:
I found the source of the problem. Checking for updates, if configured to use a proxy, definitively don't work. A ping command, to determine if Internet connection is available, is being executed, so if PC don't has a direct Internet connection available, the check for updates will fail. As I failed to test this feature, forgetting to block the direct Internet connection on the PC's used in the tests :-[
Sorry all who have loosed time trying to figure out what could be wrong on their side. Soon I will put a fix online.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version