PDF Explorer > Bug reports

Update does not work

(1/2) > >>

mans:
Hello,
if I use the Update-button I get the message: the update server is down ...

Proxy is set correct - firewall ist disabled. What to do?

RTT:
If you are using an older than version 1.5.0.58+Patch 3 (newest public version is v1.5.0.59) , that will happen because old versions check for updates in the old, now down, site.

If that's not the case, and you are already using the newest version, this can also happen if you are running PDFE in a 64-bit Windows. The problem is related to the DiskTree tree component, so to make the updates work you have to make sure PDFE starts without initiating this component, before you check for updates. You just need to change to a DB scan mode (any of the DBDiskTree, DBDisk or DBSearch will do), and exit PDFE. Now start it again, PDFE will start in the scan mode of the last session, not initiating the faulty component, and you can go check for updates. If that's the problem that is happening at your system, you will see it will work this time.

The build 59 patch1, already online for registered users,  fix this problem.

mans:
Hello,

thanks for your answer but the update-buttin still fails:

I use 1.5.0.59
Windows XP Prof. (32 bit)

F. Martens

RTT:
So it's not an older PDFE version, nor the 64-bit problem.
You refer you are using a proxy. If the proxy require authentication, it will fail when downloading the updates (I discovered this yesterday and it's already fixed), but the list of updates will show, so probably not your case here. Works fine if anonymous access allowed.
If you are able to set up a direct, no proxy, connection, try it that way.

mans:
Hello,

so far as I get it: I have to wait for a possibility to download an update or a patch.

Windows XP Prof. (32bit)
pdfexplorer 1.5.0.59
proxy (squid proxy, without authentication)

F. Martens

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version