PDF Explorer > Bug reports

PDFE 1.5.0.58 "Set Open Options" tool fails under Vista 64

<< < (2/2)

RTT:
Thanks for the samples ;) Tested them on new build 59, development stage, version, and the SetOpenOptions tool runs fine on these files but I've checked also with the version your are using and indeed the tool crash.
Definitively not an issue with Vista 64, crashed on Vista 32 and XP, but it is not a problem anymore.  One of the many bug fixes the new code contain fixed the problem.

My other tool PDF-ShellTools, newest version, also runs fine. Not 64-bit compatible, so if you wanna try on your Vista 64 you must invoke it from the 32-bit Windows Explorer.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/211637-explorer32-shortcut-vista-64-bit.html

adele reply:
Glad the files I sent helped you fix a bug in PDFE. The Shelltools version does work as you say, on all formerly problematic files (launched from Explorer32; shortcut configured according to your reference).  My only problem now is that I see I cannot afford the cost of Shelltools.

RTT:
As I told before, the bug was already fixed in newest code. You confirmed it running PDF-ShellTools official release, newest than PDF Explorer, on your local files. PDF-ShellTools share related code with PDFE.
Even so, I thank you for the time you have spent trying to figure out what was the possible cause, and to report it to me.

Regarding your impossibility to afford the PDF-ShellTools cost. What can I say? From my developer perspective, it is cheap :)
If English language is not a problem for you, and you have some free time, maybe you can give me a hand revising the PDF Explorer, or PDF-ShellTools, user's guide,  and fix my poor English. All participants receive a free license. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version