Author Topic: Autorotation function  (Read 5713 times)

sorento

Autorotation function
« on: May 20, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
I don't know if this is ever possible but maybe you can make up something.

Often happens when some documents are scanned as a batch, let say 150 pages in one PDF, that some of the pages are rotated in wrong way, it is necessary to scroll over whole document and manually rotate some pages.

Would be possible to add function Autorotation to the Tools menu?

Idea is to carry out some statistical analysis probably of the all characters on the each page, prerequisite here would be probably that PDF was scanned with OCR or it was converted from other format.

If the, let say 95 or more percent of characters are orientated in one way probably whole page should be rotated in the same way, then PDFE could make correct rotation or just show pages with possible incorrect rotation and user will make final decision.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Autorotation function
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:23:38 PM »
It's a known method, used for auto-page rotation by image scanning software, so for sure will work also in this situation.
PDFE already has OCR capability, used in manual assisted metadata extraction, and I will try this auto-page rotation method in further developments of the new PDF Creator tool. If work OK, for sure I will try it also for the useful functionality you propose. Now in the TODO list.