Author Topic: Edit Info Fields settings preset  (Read 7385 times)

sorento

Edit Info Fields settings preset
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:47:52 PM »
Thanks for keyboard shortcuts it works very well.

I have another suggestion how to improve the user interface and make work faster (at least for me).

Version: 1.5.059 beta2

Usually I select few files and start Batch Tools/Edit Info Fields, now I use Shift+Ctrl+E to get to menu.

In the Edit Info Fields menu, I almost always check boxes for Title, Sub, Author and Keywords (99% times).

Then I select for Title field [F], for Sub field I enter always the same text XX, Author and Keywords are each time

different but very often selected from last used expressions and slightly edited.

Idea is why I have to do all the steps over and over and why PDFE don't remember last used settings.

Or as second option, there could be something as preset or memory for settings as is for last used expressions. 

Or why not to combine both methods. PDFE will always preset last used settings but there will be possibility to select

any setting from last 10 or 50 cases.

This could save nine mouse clicks each time I use the Edit Info Fields tool.

See the screenshot of the settings I would like to by preset.

Thanks.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Edit Info Fields settings preset
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:15:25 PM »
Usually I select few files and start Batch Tools/Edit Info Fields, now I use Shift+Ctrl+E to get to menu.

If you use it a lot, better change that default keyboard shortcut to a F#, using the new shortcuts editor under the Edit>Preferences|ShortCuts

For that particular tool: (No Category)>EditInfoFieldsBatchAct

Idea is why I have to do all the steps over and over and why PDFE don't remember last used settings.
Or as second option, there could be something as preset or memory for settings as is for last used expressions.

I like the second one, but, how to name/select these tool saved settings, if automatic save action used? Probably better to use a save settings button, asking user to give it a name, name that will show up later on a saved setting selector.

Or why not to combine both methods. PDFE will always preset last used settings but there will be possibility to select any setting from last 10 or 50 cases.

And with a button to reset state? :-\

Nice ideas... I'm going to think about and for sure something will came out ;)

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Edit Info Fields settings preset
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:27:22 AM »
Done, check attached image ;)
Last used settings are load each time tool starts. There is as also the possibility to manually save settings, maintained in a setting repository, for later quick reuse.