PDF-ShellTools > General

Flatten PDF stamps

<< < (2/4) > >>

LukeV:
Ohh one other thing with the Send To stamp. When you try and select the destination of the new PDF as the same location as the original, it doesn't create the PDF.

RTT:

--- Quote from: LukeV ---It happens with all stamps (image and text). I have worked out now that if I deselect the stamp object and then re-click on it, all the values seem to come up again anyway.
--- End quote ---
Strange..., is working fine here. Or the problem is already fixed in the version I'm testing, or is related to some specificity of your system.

--- Quote from: LukeV ---The only issue I have is that when it loads up a text stamp, the second text line/object isn't rotated like how it was saved.
--- End quote ---
I also found that bug while testing the "Send to" menu idea, and it is now fixed.

--- Quote from: LukeV ---Ohh one other thing with the Send To stamp. When you try and select the destination of the new PDF as the same location as the original, it doesn't create the PDF.
--- End quote ---
Fixed that too.

Check if with the patched version I have emailed to you any of these bugs persist, or if a new one shows up  ;)

LukeV:
Good work!! All the mentioned bugs seem to have been sorted!!

Do you think it would be possible to use the "send to" command to stamp more than 1 PDF at a time? Or is this not possible?
If not, it would be great to get the drop down list of recently used stamps so you don't need to navigate and find it each time, or have the previously used stamp come up as default  :)

Thanks for all your help. I will continue testing to see if any other bugs.

Cheers,

Luke

Edit - One other thing, is it possible to select the default treatment of files once the have been stamped? At the moment, I have to go in and change the file save mode from "save in another folder" to "overwrite original files" each time you stamp a document.

RTT:

--- Quote from: LukeV ---Do you think it would be possible to use the "send to" command to stamp more than 1 PDF at a time? Or is this not possible?
--- End quote ---
Have you tried?! Almost all the code in the above two batch file examples is to deal with that possibility, and works fine. The maximum number of files we can pass is limited by the maximum length available for command line parameters, so, it is directly related to files names and path lengths.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830473
When this limit is reached, because of too many files selected, you will get a warning message from the Shell.
I have also noted an extra length limit in Windows Vista when what we put in the "Send to" folder is a shortcut and not the batch file itself.
In XP the limit is equal for shortcuts or real batch files, but, in Vista, decrease when shortcuts used!! I haven't read nothing about why this occur!!!

--- Quote from: LukeV ---If not, it would be great to get the drop down list of recently used stamps so you don't need to navigate and find it each time, or have the previously used stamp come up as default :)
--- End quote ---
The list of last used ones is already working and will go out with next version. ;)

--- Quote from: LukeV ---One other thing, is it possible to select the default treatment of files once the have been stamped? At the moment, I have to go in and change the file save mode from "save in another folder" to "overwrite original files" each time you stamp a document
--- End quote ---
When started from the command line interface (the used from the "Send to" menu), yes. If no OutputPath parameter specified, it will overwrite source file, if OutputPath equal to the source file path, will create a backup file, and when specified OutputPath is different from the source path will, obviously, create the stamped files on that directory.
For the GUI interface, maybe I can add a "Set as default" button that show up when user change that option... ::)

LukeV:
I've managed to get the first code you posted working with a single file. So I right click, select "send to -stamp" and it pops up the GUI and I can stamp the file.
When I try selecting 2 PDFs, right click and select "send to- stamp" the GUI comes up but when I press stamp, I get the following RunDLL32 error:
"Access violation at address 00BBE3F4 in module "PDFShellTools.dll. Read of address 00000024."

I haven't been able to get the second code working. I've created the cmd file with the code as above, and created a shortcut with the C:\stamps\Test.cmd "C:\stamps\ps.stp" in the target box. When I use it though, it doesn't start the GUI, similiar to when I tried pointing the first script to a stp file with a space in it's name.

Luke

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version