Author Topic: Re: Metatags  (Read 6637 times)

Anonymous

Re: Metatags
« on: February 22, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
How can I get the custum 1 - 10 populated (as well as the keywords). I can't figure it out.

I am evaluating the product for my company and require these fields to be populated. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Metatags
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Quote from: "Rich"
How can I get the custum 1 - 10 populated (as well as the keywords). I can't figure it out.

I am evaluating the product for my company and require these fields to be populated. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated

What do you mean with "populated" ??? How are these metadata fields filled?
These 1-10 are custom PDFE related metadata fields, so, standard PDF files don't have them. Just use the InfoEdit tool to enter meaningful information. They are used to extend the standard metadata fields, extending this way the classification possibilities. After edited they are also integrated in the PDF file itself so they will be carried with the file.
With the layout editor you can create a custom grid layout and rename these custom fields to better reflect the data you enter on them.
In the next version I will try to introduce the possibility to link these PDFE custom metadata fields to other applications PDF custom fields

But the Keywords field is a standard field so if the scanned PDF files have this field filled it will show in PDFE grid.
If not filled you have to fill it yourself, if keywords classification is needed. The best way to do it is using the QuickInfoEdit mode (F4) and with the help of the QuickPaste assistant. In this mode you can easily copy text from the PDF file itself and paste it any of the metadata fields.

If I have misunderstood your question, please reformulate it and ask again. ;)