Author Topic: Quick Paste  (Read 5428 times)

Anonymous

Quick Paste
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:38:00 AM »
Hi there!

At first i want to say that this tool is really a great helper with organizing my scientific papers! I 've been using the evaluation version for a week or two - mainly to rename downloaded papers (journal articles and so on). I do this by first setting the metatags and then doing a batch rename on all papers.

My question is the following:
When i right-click on a pdf in one of the grids and choose "Quick Info Edit F4" the program switches to the pdf-view tab and i can mark for example the title in the integrated adobe reader view and hit Ctrl-C and then the Quick Paste shows up. Is there a way that the Quick Paste Dialog also shows up when i copy the title in the Pdf-Info view so that i do not always have to switch back and forth between tabs when i want to edit tags for multiple files? I know that i can go to last/next pdf in the Editing-Tab with hotkeys, but it would be more convenient for me to have the list of pdf's in parallel to click the still mis-named files.

Also it would be nice to define a default renaming scheme which is automatically applied to the files when i change the metatags - or is it there and i didn't find it yet?

Thanks in advance.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
Is there a way that the Quick Paste Dialog also shows up when i copy the title in the Pdf-Info view so that i do not always have to switch back and forth between tabs when i want to edit tags for multiple files?
No, currently is not possible. I suppose to use it from the OnGridPreview. I'm going to change this for next version.
Also it would be nice to define a default renaming scheme which is automatically applied to the files when i change the metatags - or is it there and i didn't find it yet?
Nice ;), a new quick edit assistant will emerge in next release, the Auto Rename On Metadata Change. Using the same dialog used in the batch rename tool to define the rename schema, will automatically rename the file on metadata changes.