PDF-ShellTools > General

Adding a date column for current date

<< < (2/3) > >>

RTT:
In the supposed zipped PDF-ShellTools settings backup I requested, you attached instead a zipped PDF document! A mistake or you misunderstood what I requested?
What I requested is a stsettings.dat file that is created when you create a backup of your PDF-ShellTools configuration, as explained in my previous reply.

Please run this PDF-ShellTools diagnostic tool.  It just grab the state of relevant keys from your Windows registry.
Run it, select all the text that will show up, paste it in a text editor, save it to a .txt file and attach that file to a forum reply.

PS: From what I can see from your first screenshot, but no relevant to the problem, take note that it is not a good practice to keep these generic property names (i.e. PDFCustom#) to name the properties. You should always give it a meaningful name, that defines the data that it will store.

Alarmguy:
Hello again
I hope the attachment is what you are looking for. I will make the change in the names you suggested.
Thanks

RTT:
Does these properties missing from the details pane show on the file properties dialog details tab (first attached screenshot)?

Let's check from where is the shell getting the PreviewDetails property list, using the Process Monitor tool.
Run it, set a filter as depicted in the second screenshot and configure it to show registry activity (toolbar button signaled in the screenshot).
Now run the PDF-ShellTools Manager.exe. You should now see some registry activity in the log. Take a screenshot of it, clearly showing the "Path" column, and attach it to a forum reply.

Alarmguy:
Hello again
Sorry about the delay. I am unable to filter what you require - see screenshot - and can not find a log in the shell tools manager.
Thanks for your input.

RTT:
You have to manually define the filter. In our case, from my above screenshot, you need to set two filter conditions:

"Process name" "is" "Manager.exe"
and
  "Path" "ends with" "PreviewDetails"

So, from the first selector (top left of the filter dialog) you choose Process Name, in the second selector you choose is, and then type Manager.exe in the third selector/edit box. Now click the Add button

To add the second condition, set the first selector as Path, second selector as ends with, type PreviewDetails in the third box, and click the Add button.

Close the filter dialog and enable the "Show Registry Activity" tool button. You may also select the menu Filter>DropFilteredEvents" option.

Now run the Manager.exe.

Check this YouTube tutorial Process Monitor: Display and Capture Filtering. Not related to this problem, but may give you a better understanding of the tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version