PDF-ShellTools > General

Win 7 Explorer - SEARCH will not find metadata.

<< < (5/5)

RTT:
Maybe I explained it bad. I have set it to "File Properties and Contents", and all works fine.
If you want to index contents too, maybe you need to uninstall that IFilter named "PDF Professional Filter" (or fix the registry, if not installed anymore), and then install Acrobat again to get the new one, that shows as "PDF Filter". Probably the Acrobat installer don't install the new IFilter because you have another one already installed?

curtwpk:
That would be nice to have the CONTENTS indexing working as well.

I have no idea of how to get rid of the "Professional Filter" and make Windows point instead to the normal ifilter.

I have re-installed Reader and Flash player several times.  That had no effect on Professional iFilter.

RTT:
If you do a web search for "PDF Professional Filter", results point to a PDF IFilter from Scansoft PDF Products from Nuance Communications, Inc., implemented in a pdfprofilter.dll.

And at this address you can check how IFilters are registered in the Windows registry, so you can follow these keys and discover where it is installed. If not installed anymore, delete these keys, just in case the Adobe Acrobat installer uses them to decide if the Acrobat IFilter should be registered or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version