PDF Explorer > General

Three questions

(1/2) > >>

Anonymous:
Hi there,

I just found PDF explorer and am making my first steps.

How can I filter the search so it only displays PDFs but no CHMs?
Is there a way to edit PDF viewing options like the initial view of a document or if the bookmarks are shown when opeing a document?
Can I edit PDFs to be tagged to be viewed on mobile devices?

Thanks in advance
Anja

RTT:

--- Quote from: "Llarian" ---How can I filter the search so it only displays PDFs but no CHMs?

--- End quote ---
Create a custom grid layout (Edit>GridLayout>CreateNew) and select only the PDF file type.

--- Quote from: "Llarian" ---Is there a way to edit PDF viewing options like the initial view of a document or if the bookmarks are shown when opening a document?
--- End quote ---
Yes, Tools>SetOpenOptions.

--- Quote from: "Llarian" ---Can I edit PDFs to be tagged to be viewed on mobile devices?

--- End quote ---
No. Tagging after PDF creation is a very complex task. It is always better to use a PDF creation tool with tagging functionality. Only Adobe provide reliable tagging tools.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "RTT" ---Create a custom grid layout (Edit>GridLayout>CreateNew) and select only the PDF file type.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Yes, Tools>SetOpenOptions.
--- End quote ---
Thanks.
For the last one I'd like a batch handling ;)

--- Quote ---
--- Quote from: "Llarian" ---Can I edit PDFs to be tagged to be viewed on mobile devices?

--- End quote ---
No. Tagging after PDF creation is a very complex task. It is always better to use a PDF creation tool with tagging functionality. Only Adobe provide reliable tagging tools.
--- End quote ---
Not the answer I hoped for but okay, I got the point.

Thank you.
Anja

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "I" ---For the last one I'd like a batch handling ;)
--- End quote ---
Hmm... seems to work in batch mode but sends the program elsewhere when encountering a problem so only ending it with the task manager helped.

Anja

RTT:

--- Quote from: "Anonymous" ---
--- Quote from: "I" ---For the last one I'd like a batch handling ;)
--- End quote ---
Hmm... seems to work in batch mode but sends the program elsewhere when encountering a problem so only ending it with the task manager helped.
Anja
--- End quote ---
Obviously it's an anomalous situation. If you have the chance to isolate the PDF file involved in the crash, please email it to me so I can check what's wrong in the tool code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version