Author Topic: install PDF Merge tool  (Read 3773 times)

DB1

install PDF Merge tool
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:50:54 AM »
Goodmorning,

I wanna setup a silent automatic install for PDF ShellTools with only the merge tool.
what command line parameters do i need to use to accomplish this?

thanks!

DB1

Re: install PDF Merge tool
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 11:36:23 AM »
update*

with the SAVEINF command I only got this as output:

Dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF-ShellTools
Group=PDF-ShellTools
NoIcons=1
Tasks=

No feauters were disabled.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 06:37:11 PM »
You need to export the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PDFShellTools from a manually installed, and configured, PDF-ShellTools instance, and import it into the registry of the PCs where you are automating the install.

DB1

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 07:43:07 AM »
Great! THank you!

nightslayer23

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 02:15:47 AM »
It would be great if there was a way in the program to be able to tailor the context menu to include or exclude or even re-arrange some of the scripts to limit how busy it becomes with custom scripts as well as other options that the user may not necessarily need.

Maybe a way to do this already I'm not sure or it could come in a further development update?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 03:47:43 PM »
In the manager script list you have a checkbox for each of the scripts, and a "show in the context menu" corresponding option for the selected script. Unchecked scripts don't show in the context menu and you can also rearrange the scripts list order by drag and drop.

No way, yet, to customize the context menu for the other tools, other than excluding a particular tool(s) at install time.