Author Topic: PDFe removes Read-Only attribute  (Read 4835 times)

Padanges

PDFe removes Read-Only attribute
« on: November 25, 2016, 08:05:55 AM »
Hi,
after making a PDF read-only and editing file metadata with Batch Tools - Edit Info Fields (DB Only option unchecked) we not only get our previous metadata overwritten but also get read-only attribute removed! I believe such things should not happen. If I make file read-only I need it to stay that way unless unchecked personally.
Perhaps it would be wise to indicate read only files with auto-locking "for changes" those files in the grid, that is by placing an indicator next to entry? Then the unlocking should prompt about read-only file property and not PDFe internal locking and propose to remove read-only attribute for all selected entries? And maybe the indicator should be made thicker, that is "visually bigger"? Anyway, this one is really a hazardous thing.

Regards

RTT

• Administrator
Re: PDFe removes Read-Only attribute
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 01:38:32 AM »
And it indexes files with hidden attribute too. :)
The file attributes will need to be indexed in the DB, to be able to show that different type of lock. And/or the tool can have an option to override the attribute, so the user can decide if it will skip or not the protected files.

Padanges

Re: PDFe removes Read-Only attribute
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 10:29:24 AM »
Let the scanner get all the files, hidden or not, but please preserve the attributes after "Edit info fields".
I really don't like to have file attributes removed without a slightest warning  :(