Author Topic: Merge in Silent mode is not quite silent  (Read 4566 times)

conrad.drake

Merge in Silent mode is not quite silent
« on: June 08, 2017, 05:33:20 AM »
Hi

Running the following command results in a popup saying "Loading files" (see attachment) which lists each of the files being merged (in this case 2,087 + 1 files totalling 4180 pages)

PDFShellTools merge -s -IncludeBookmarks -BookmarkAll -GroupBookmarks "filename=.\B2.2 Completed RFIs.pdf" "B2.2 Completed RFIs\Cover.pdf;B2.2 Completed RFIs\B2.2*.pdf"

The popup appears to occur with smaller merges but is almost invisible.

The most annoying aspect is that it takes "focus" away from whatever I'm doing.  Which breaks things like "shift-selecting" multiple items.

Sorry I have no further info on what's going on here.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Merge in Silent mode is not quite silent
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »
I forgot to add code to bypass this progress dialog (feature introduced in a recently release), when running in silent mode. I will have this fixed in the next release.
This progress dialog is shown when the tool is checking the PDFs to be merged, gathering the total number of pages and checking file validity. At this time it is not merging the files yet. I've added this because, when running in GUI mode and the number of selected files is considerable, there was a non-visible activity delay before the tool showed up the GUI, tricking the user to think the tool failed to start.

Thanks for reporting.