Author Topic: About a BATCH I/O log header  (Read 6829 times)

Padanges

About a BATCH I/O log header
« on: August 23, 2016, 01:37:22 PM »
Hi,
please, consider writing the header where there would be the process start time and the operation type name in the Batch I/O tab. For example, "Info Edit fields batch tool started at ...date/time". I found it relevant to get that info while working with PDFe. It's possible that others found that missing too.

Thanks in advance.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: About a BATCH I/O log header
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:23:46 AM »
Done.

Padanges

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 11:24:53 AM »
Could you please make it also possible to get back to the previous mode (before BATCH I/O log got automatically visible), for example, to the "PDF view" mode, just by presing ESC key, once the process has finished? The "keyboard-only" users don't like mice, you know ;D

Thanks in advance

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 12:01:45 AM »
Done.

Padanges

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 09:15:01 AM »
Great. I would also recommend using a font which represents white spaces in equal length as widest chars in Batch I/O log window (for example, Lucinda Console does that) - this way we could see properly formatted output without the need to save them to a file first. And would also suggest to set the default "save log" name to current date and time (using legal file address symbols, and leading zeros if necessary): "year-month-day,hour-min-sec". That would help to organize logs faster.

P.S. this naming default could also be useful for "Export Grid Fields..." - we usually need to give the name some unique ID counter, and the time format serves this well.

Regards

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 05:55:32 PM »
Done. Now the batch i/o window uses a monospaced font and the default file name of the save batch i/o log and export grid dialogs includes the date in the name.

Padanges

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 07:59:09 PM »
Great news :)
In addition to this, it would be useful to be able to save the log with a hotkey "Ctrl+S" instead of a mouse-click, i.e. using "Ctrl+S" (or at least "Shift+S", if the previous combination can't be used) in I/O Log mode would run the Save File dialog. What do you think?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 03:56:50 PM »
Done. Ctrl+S, or the shortcut currently assigned to the UpdateInfoAct action, now also triggers the batch i/o logs save as dialog.

Padanges

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »
Great. I'm just curious, how do you avoid "hotkey collision" (if it's assigned to UpdateInfoAct and Save File dialog) then - activating a hotkey checks for the current pdfe mode and only then executes the command accordingly?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »
The hotkey is global, but the function called by the event can make decisions. In this case it's a easy to know what are the user intentions, based on the active mode.