Author Topic: Change Page Sizes of PDF's  (Read 5803 times)

R W

Change Page Sizes of PDF's
« on: May 09, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »
I have some pdfs that are too wide (36" x 55") to export to jpgs using Adobe.  I was wondering if there was a way to use pdf-shell tools to resize the pdfs to lets say 8.5" x 14" or have to option to choose common page sizes or custom sizes.  Then once they are converted to a smaller size, I then could use Adobe to export them to images.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Change Page Sizes of PDF's
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 12:22:02 AM »
A tool to crop, add margins and change the media size is in the ToDo list, and for sure it will be able to do this operation. But I still need to code it. :)

With one of my other tools, the PDFrizator, you may load the PDF and change the page size to some standard sizes. It only reduces to fit, i.e. if the content is larger than the size selected, but that is exactly what you need.

Another workaround is to print it to PDF, using the fit to paper size option and choosing the needed, or create a custom, paper size in the print to PDF printer settings. This is easy to do with the Adobe PDF printer that ships with Acrobat pro.

The PDF reader PDF-XChange Viewer export to image functionality has a page zoom parameter you may use to reduce the created image size, and so you can achieve your image size goal directly from the PDF to JPEG conversion.

R W

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »
If you are able to resize the pdf in the future edition, is their a way you could make the new resized pdf retain the OCR'd text that is in there?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 11:28:10 PM »
The resize method will be similar to the used by the PDFrizator, the other tool I linked above, and it usually retains the text layer. If you have tested it, and the text got stripped, please send me a sample file so I can check it.