Author Topic: Video Tutorials  (Read 7178 times)

Florin

Video Tutorials
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:44:01 PM »
Hi
I would like to suggest making video tutorials on various tasks in PDF Explorer. The program hasn't the most friendly interface in the world and help file is not clearing enough how to deal with more complex tasks, i.e. creating specific batch scripts and running them.

The author is so used with program's interface that he thinks everybody can intuitively handle any task from start to finish, jumping between tabs, clicking checkboxes, editing scripts, etc. Well, that's not the case. PDF Explorer looks like a collection of small PDF tools without any connection between them.

I know the most hated part for any programmer is to write the documentation. Even harder is to write tutorials. But video recording some task sessions is not so hard.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Video Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:40:42 AM »
No doubts that video tutorials explaining the general workflow, and some of the tools in particular, would be a very useful.
If someone want to contribute, making some nice screencasts, I've free licenses to offer.

Regarding your difficulties with the program interface. If you can't find the way, please ask. I would be pleased to explain it.

Florin

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »
Now really, what keeps YOU from making those webcasts?
It is YOUR software, YOU are the expert. It is YOUR interest to have better sales by showing people how easy they can accomplish various tasks. I feel you've done only half job without any tutorials.
What amazes me the most is you are willing to explain in writing how things work, although it is a more tedious, lengthy process.
I really think PDF Explorer deserves more explaining since it is a one-of-a-kind software, a very useful program for any PDF creator/user/archiver.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:33:54 PM »
My English is not good enough to make these with voiceover, and the ones with subtitles/explanation boxes are, IMO, boring to watch.
So I really prefer to explain it writing, and to direct questions from users.

But, if someone wants to help with it, these demo videos would be great to increase the public exposure.
Yes, I'm the one who knows all the program functionality, but almost all the software demo videos we can find all over are made by users, not developers.