Author Topic: [Please Help] The PDF generated was upside down  (Read 15101 times)

heihei3160

[Please Help] The PDF generated was upside down
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:02:51 AM »
Hi RTT

As u can see from the preview of generating the PDF and the thumbnail view, the final product was upside down. Please help. Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards, Kyle

heihei3160

Re: [Please Help] The PDF generated was upside down
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:03:38 AM »
My PDFrizator version is 1.6.0.25

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:05:55 AM »
Hi Kyle,
I've looked into the possible reasons from this and I think I found, and fixed, two possibilities. But without access to that PDF I can't be sure your case is included.
Fixes will go out in the next, not scheduled yet, release. Meanwhile you can use the PDFrizator page content rotate property to invert that effect.

(next time try the Alt+PrintScreen combination, to take the screenshots. This way you don't need to share your entire desktop)

heihei3160

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 01:46:49 AM »
Hi RTT

Thank you for your prompt reply, has sent an email to pdfe@rttsoftware.com with pdfs fyr.

Again, thanks a lot!

heihei3160

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 01:49:48 AM »
Besides, the rotate functions doesnt work under this circumstance. The pdf generated is still upside down even if I rotate the pages for 180 degree (looks upside down in the viewer)

(alt+print is useful ;p thanks.)

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
Thanks for the sample files. Not all present the problem, but for the ones that indeed show inverted I have it now fixed.
One workaround that do work with your PDFs is changing the page orientation to portrait, because internally theses PDF pages really have a portrait orientation, but with an additional 90 degree rotation that the code was not taking into account.

heihei3160

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 02:11:54 AM »
Okay I got the point. The PDF looks like "Landscape" but actually they are actually "Portrait" while the PDFrizator tries to change it into "Landscape".

I have attached two screen dumps for your reference.

1.) if I preview the PDF files before loading all the thumbnails, most PDF pages will look "Portrait" in thumbnails and correct "Landscape" in the viewer. Indeed, loaded pages will look "Landscape" in thumbnails and inverted "Landscape" in the viewer.

2.) if I preview the PDF files after loading all the thumbnails, all PDF pages will look "Landscape" in thumbnails and inverted "Landscape" in the viewer.

Hope it helps  :P

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 02:39:12 AM »
I noticed that too. It happens because in the GUI the initial page orientation is determined by the thumbnail image w/h ratio, and here the thumbnail already has the 90 degrees applied. The code that generates the PDF, if the page orientation has not been determined yet, calculates that orientation inspecting the PDF page media box itself, and that way it works. But this second method can't be used if the GUI already provides an orientation, because user may have changed it.
But all this is, thanks to your report and sample files, now fixed, so in the next release it will be a non-issue. Meanwhile you just need to manually assign the portrait orientation to all these PDF internally rotated pages. ;)

heihei3160

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 07:09:29 AM »
Thanks for all the details. You mean the thumbnails of the internally Portrait PDF has the 90 degrees applied after it is fully loaded in the GUI, thus the generator will not determine the orientation as it was defined in GUI, right?
Just curios why the generated PDF was inverted when the thumbnail shown in GUI was correctly placed.  :-\

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 01:00:20 AM »
The thumbnail shows correctly, and a landscape orientation is evident, but internally the reality is portrait orientation with a 90 degree rotation. The code was assuming the user wanted to force a landscape orientation, not realizing the final result was already landscape, because the 90 degree rotation was not being considered. The inverted result is a particularity of the buggy code.

Tadashi

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »
My PDFrizator view the sizegenetics results version is 1.6.0.25

whats the updated version ?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 12:14:00 AM »
My PDFrizator version is 1.6.0.25

whats the updated version ?
The latest public released version is 0.6.0.29, as referenced on the downloads page.