Author Topic: [PLEASE HELP] I found an error of PDFrizator  (Read 10155 times)

heihei3160

[PLEASE HELP] I found an error of PDFrizator
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:17:42 AM »
Hi RTT

Thank you for your amazing work! PDFrizator is a great and easy tool for me to edit my PDF files.

However, I got an error when I perform the "rotate" function. The function does not work and returns back to "0 (degree)" even if I choose other angles from the drop-down list.
Attached please find the screen dump for your reference. Thousands thanks in advance!

Kyle

kyle

Re: [PLEASE HELP] I found an error of PDFrizator
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:39:11 AM »
is it because the drop-down list cannot display the "º" symbol?????
help  :'(

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 11:53:43 AM »
That seems to be the problem.
I have tested here, setting the Windows language for non-Unicode programs to Chinese, and I get the same behavior you describe.
Apply the attached patch, to fix the issue.

kyle

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 05:46:53 PM »
 ;D it works!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for your prompt reply! Again, it is a great piece of work and your hardwork is undoubtedly worthly  :)

btw just want to know how you can figure out the cause so quickly! How do u know i am a Chinese  ??? my email address or IP or anything else  ???

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:35:05 AM »
How do u know i am a Chinese  my email address or IP or anything else 
Because of your accent ;D

Joking apart, the screenshot you attached clearly indicate your Windows is configured with a Chinese codepage, so I used the same, supposed, configuration, and got the same problem you reported. This don't tell you are Chinese, and I don't tell that either in my reply.
Even so, digging a little more, you posted from a Hong Kong IP,  the username you used can be tracked to some Chinese forums, the email address you entered is yahoo.com.hk and pops up also in a Chinese Facebook page. :) Even so, all this don't tell you are Chinese, but if I have to bet... :)

kyle

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 02:27:23 AM »
 :P
ahah acutally I tried sth similar to what u did but in vain.
I used UltraEdit to open the .exe file and changed the hex code of "º" to 00.. and what u did is to change it to 20
may i ask what is the theory behind??? Im a programming idiot so please do not drill down to the details :P

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 03:12:26 AM »
I suppose we have to replace it with a character with representation in the active codepage, but I have not checked yet why exactly is this occurring.