Author Topic: Functionality in version 1.5.058  (Read 6375 times)

sorento

Functionality in version 1.5.058
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
With new version (1.5.058) there is some lost of the functionality.

1)
While in PDF View Quick Edit mode CTRL+arow down will change to the next file but not save changes.
That mean I have to use CTRL+S and CTRL+arow down

2)
In PDF Info mode or PDF View mode in InfoEdit window (down left) after click on metadata first click will select row (but it is not possible to copy from or paste to row)
second click will put cursor in the row but now is nothing selected.
(in version 1.5.057 there were selected all words)
When I want copy whole row or paste new content to the row it is complicated to select all words especially when there are many words.

I would appreciate classic windows functionality (from file managers) and I think I would be easier for all:
First click will select whole row (all words e.g. in title, but I should be able to use CTRL+C ,CTRL+V and CTRL+X on this selection)
second click will put cursor in selected place. (nothing is selected)

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
While in PDF View Quick Edit mode CTRL+arow down will change to the next file but not save changes.
That mean I have to use CTRL+S and CTRL+arow down
Tested right now, using Acrobat Reader and Foxit Reader as internal PDF reader, and is working fine, so, please try to see if you discover what is causing this erroneous behavior at your system.

2) In PDF Info mode or PDF View mode in InfoEdit window (down left) after click on metadata first click will select row (but it is not possible to copy from or paste to row)
second click will put cursor in the row but now is nothing selected.
(in version 1.5.057 there were selected all words)
When I want copy whole row or paste new content to the row it is complicated to select all words especially when there are many words.

In current build 58 implementation, click the insert key, while in edit mode, to get again build 57 behavior.
Following your suggestion I have now changed the control to react differently.

-First click enable edit mode and select all field contents.
     -Second click clear selection and set edit cursor position between contents characters at click position.
     -If insert key pressed, first click will behave as second click.
     -Insert state is maintained between running sessions.[/list:u]
    Patch 1 will include this change.

sorento

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »
I work now on different computer and I can't check it.
Maybe it was only same problem related to my previous computer or it could be old version of Adobe reader I used (5.xx version)

With the version 8.xx it works fine. Sorry fot that.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:40:00 PM »
Have you tested already the FoxitReader with PDFE. If not, try it. You will note enhanced performance and less problems.