Author Topic: Change metadata direct in ScanGrid or in WorkGrid.  (Read 5908 times)

Anonymous

Change metadata direct in ScanGrid or in WorkGrid.
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »
I think it would be very useful to add possibility to change any metadata direct in ScanGrid or in WorkGrid.

Now it takes to long to move with mouse from ScanGrid to InfoEdit window and back.

Possible functionality:

One click in ScanGrid or WorkGrid will select only one cell (intersection from metadata column and row).

One click in column filename will select file but only in column filename.
Next click on selected file in column Filename will make possible to rename the file (classic windows functionality).

Double click on file in column Filename - open the file in the new window.

Double click on file in other columns will make possible to change metadata in this column,
 Graphic could be the same as is now if I select options rename file
and there could be small arrow as is in InfoEdit window with last used expressions.

Thank you.

Sorento

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
Now it takes to long to move with mouse from ScanGrid to InfoEdit window and back.
Use the CTRL+Up and CTRL+Down shortcuts to change active file without leave InfoEdit

Probably I will add edit in grid cell capabilities in next versions but IMHO the usual of lack cell width make the InfoEdit tool, with the help of the keyboard shortcuts to move to another file, much more productive.
And using it while in Edit>QuickInfoEdit mode, by far, much more powerful than when using InfoEdit in the PDFInfo view mode