Author Topic: Scripts manager crashes with stack overflow when new/edit selected  (Read 14019 times)

conrad.drake

Re: Scripts manager crashes with stack overflow when new/edit selected
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 01:21:27 AM »
Instead of opening the scripts editor from the manager, try ...
Interesting - I get a RTT icon on the taskbar and task manager shows a task (as does ALT-TAB ) called PDF-ShellTools- My Scripts but I can't switch to it.

I can close it from the task bar, in which case I get a "save changes?" message if I've ALT-TAB'd to the not-there window.

I'm leaning towards your suggestion that the display is popping up somewhere off screen. 

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 01:47:53 AM »
You can reset/set the position by deleting/editing the values under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PDFShellTools\MyScripts registry key, but you probably don't have permission to run the regedit tool on your system? But you can use the linked above WinSpy++ tool to manually set the window position.

But if indeed the problem is the window being off-screen, it's strange the Windows Key+arrow-up, arrow-left or arrow-right shortcuts are not working!

conrad.drake

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 01:50:20 AM »
I'm leaning towards your suggestion that the display is popping up somewhere off screen.
Bingo!

Rebooted. No joy.
Borrowed a screen from my client, fired up in "duplicate mode".  No Joy.
Changed to Extended Desktop.  No Joy.
Re-arranged the position of the screens (from side to side to top/bottom).  Hit "apply". 

Bingo!  There's the editor.  On the second screen.
 :o
At the moment I'm blaming my display driver. later this week (or early next) I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Observation: if I fire up the editor from the manager, I have only one RTT app on the task bar.  If I do it via CTRL-click, then I end up with two instances.

(As you suspect, I'm not allowed to play with HKEYs.)

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 02:10:30 AM »
Re-arranged the position of the screens (from side to side to top/bottom).  Hit "apply". 

Bingo!  There's the editor.  On the second screen.
Great!
Don't the Windows key+arrow_left/arrow_right work to move windows across screens oriented top/bottom? Never tested.
At the moment I'm blaming my display driver. later this week (or early next) I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.
Let me know if I need to fix something.
Observation: if I fire up the editor from the manager, I have only one RTT app on the task bar.  If I do it via CTRL-click, then I end up with two instances.
Two buttons in the taskbar, but only one scripts editor window, or two windows also?