PDF-ShellTools > Bug reports

Scripts manager crashes with stack overflow when new/edit selected

<< < (3/4) > >>

conrad.drake:
Sent by email as it's too large to attach (3MB compressed).  Hopefully that'll shed some light on whatever stupid thing I've done.

RTT:
Nothing suspicious from the mini dump. The main thread is just running OnIdle tasks, waiting for input, and there isn't evidence of any unhandled exception.

I suspect you have the scripts editor window placed off-screen. If that's the case, after clicking the manager script edit button, hold down the Windows key and press the up-arrow, to maximize, or the right or left-arrow a few times to bring the window to the active screen.

conrad.drake:

--- Quote from: RTT on October 02, 2017, 11:27:57 PM ---Nothing suspicious from the mini dump. The main thread is just running OnIdle tasks, waiting for input, and there isn't evidence of any unhandled exception.

I suspect you have the scripts editor window placed off-screen. If that's the case, after clicking the manager script edit button, hold down the Windows key and press the up-arrow, to maximize, or the right or left-arrow a few times to bring the window to the active screen.

--- End quote ---
No joy.  I agree with your analysis, it's like it's waiting for input.  And stopping from "edit" gets a "can't, program is waiting for input" message from Task Manager.   

Still getting "stack overflow" if I click "new" and stop with TaskManager, though.

I wonder if I've got a display driver problem which is causing this behaviour? 

I'll play with a few things later this week (got some promises to keep before then) and report back.

Thanks again.

RTT:
Try inspecting the windows with this WinSpy++ tool, to check, and eventually edit, the state and position of the window with "Scripts editor" as caption, under the Manager.exe process.

RTT:
Instead of opening the scripts editor from the manager, try open it directly to see if anything changes. To do this, hold down the CTRL key, while clicking a script menu item from the shell context PDF-ShellTools>My Scripts sub menu. This will open the clicked script directly in the editor, from where you can edit, run or create new ones (if the editor indeed shows up this way).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version