Author Topic: Selecting only the active entry  (Read 4769 times)

Padanges

Selecting only the active entry
« on: September 15, 2016, 08:45:15 PM »
Hi,
we can navigate through the grid with the "entry highlight" while not selecting any entries - is it possible to get the highlighted entry file name for a script instead of having to selecting it first? Can we select an active entry (get the file name) if some other entries are already checked?

Thanks in advance

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Selecting only the active entry
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:21 PM »
Not possible, right now. Please explain the workflow you want to accomplish, so I can better understand what would be needed to be implemented.

Padanges

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 05:52:19 PM »
I want to send OpenInMode command with a Highlighted file entry. I can open only one file, and there are no problems when we have no selection (we get auto-selected the active entry, I guess) or we have selected only a single file. But when we have a selection, we are still able to change (using keyboard up/down arrows) the single active entry (the highlight), but we don't know was this "selection down" (the last selection is "pdfe.SelectedFiles(pdfe.SelectedFiles.Count)") or "selection up" (then the last selection is "pdfe.SelectedFiles(0)"), and we need to choose to open a single entry (without loosing the selection) and the choice criteria has to be intuitively clear. That's why it's useful to get CurrentSelected, or LastActive, or the Highlighted entry.
The same trick is in Total Commander - you can select many entries, but by default you open only the active one, which can be not selected at all.
What do you think?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 04:12:05 PM »
A host command to get/set the grid active row file will work then.