Author Topic: Windows 8.1 File Explorer .pdf Preview Pane does not work  (Read 5146 times)

curtwpk

Windows 8.1 File Explorer .pdf Preview Pane does not work
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:06:52 PM »
I have pdf shell tools. Version 2.4.1

Seems to work fine.  I can see and edit Tags, for example.

BUT if I set Windows File Explorer to show Preview Pane, all I get in the preview is the Adobe Logo.  No document preview.

yes, In shell tools manager i DO have the Preview Handler checked.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Windows 8.1 File Explorer .pdf Preview Pane does not work
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:33 AM »
You should update to the last version, currently 2.6.2, and test again. Discussing possible problems in older versions is counterproductive.
The preview handler tools extension is not a full PDF preview handler, it just extend any of the installed PDF preview handler(s) (that most common PDF readers install) with enhanced functionality. What is your system default PDF reader?

Having the preview pane showing only that icon normally happens when the preview tools are set to show in a stand alone window, but to set that option the tools had to work at least one time (so you could manually set the option from the main menu), and the stand alone window showing somewhere on your desktop, even if behind another application(s). :-\
Better if you update to the last version and, if the problem persist, use the Windows registry editor to export the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PDFShellTools\Options\PreviewHandler to a file and attach it here in a reply, so I can check it.